Saturday, October 18, 2008

Who is Sea Ming

I always wanted to study Food Science but as I missed the application deadline, I transferred in at my second year and extended a semester to satisfy all major modules. This reminded me the value of determination and perseverance. In addition, I was actively involved in NUS Buddhist Society and became the vice-president during my third year. On top of people management, event organising and marketing, I have learnt many life philosophies from Buddhism. As a bubbly person, I also never forget to have fun. All in all, I believe that balance is the key to happiness and success.

6 comments:

Danny Wong said...

Hi Seaming,

I didnt know you were from other course of study. Which major are you from before entering food science?

I can see that you have learned many things from participating in the NUS Buddhist Society.

Balance is certainly an important aspect of life in whatever thing that we indulge in.

Cheers.

XiaoTong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
XiaoTong said...

Wow.. Very enriching university life you have!! Guess you must have very good time management skills in order to juggle so many things.

So what is your future plan, since you will be graduating soon?

Travis Neo said...

Yup, I agree with you totally. The key so success and happiness is balance. Some people earn tens of thousands a month but hardly have the time to spend their money. I know of an accountant who is a national team basketballer. He worked from 8.30am till 6pm everyday. Had training from 7pm till 10pm everyday. Reached home at 11pm daily. He finally got so fed up with his horrible life that he turned to teaching. It freed up much of his time and he got to coach basketball too.

sea ming said...

Hi Danny!

I took Chemistry as it is my second interest, what if I cannot get into Food Science I can still do with it.

Hi Xiaotong...
I plan to work after Chinese New Year, so before that I will do part-time jobs and go travelling, hopefully backpacking ;)

Wow Travis.. Thanks for your sharing.. I really admire your friend who is willing to take an alternative for his interest!

Brad Blackstone said...

This is an invigorating statement, Sea Ming. Thank you for sharing your views with us throughout the term and for your "bubbly."